· 3 cups cherries (weighing 1lb)
· 1 large green apple (weighing 6oz)
· 1 lime (weighing 3 1/2oz)
· 1 cup whiskey
· ½ cup of sweet and sour mix (homemade recipe follows)
1. Pit cherries; set aside. Peel away apple and lime skin and cut fruit into quarters.
2. Place all ingredients in a food processor or blender and process until mixture is pureed. Mixture will be thick.
3. Pour mixture into popsicle forms and freeze for about 2 hours or until mixture starts to solidify enough to hold a popsicle stick upright. Insert popsicle sticks and finish freezing popsicles overnight. To release popsicles run hot water on the outside of popsicle molds for a 2-3 seconds.
Sweet and Sour Mix
· 1/2 cup water
· 1/2 cup sugar
· 1 cup lemon juice
1. Place sugar and water in a sauce pan and heat until sugar dissolves. Add lemon juice and stir to combine. Set aside to cool before using.
2.5 cups watermelon, seeds removed, cut into chunks
1/2 large English cucumber, peeled and cut into chunks
2 limes, juiced
1 tablespoon honey
3 ounces vodka
cucumber, lime and/or sliced watermelon, for garnish
Place a fine mesh sieve over a large bowl or pitcher.
In a blender, puree the watermelon and cucumber chunks.
Pour mixture through the sieve into the bowl. Use the back of a big spoon or rubber spatula to squeeze all the juice into the bowl.
In a small bowl, stir together lime juice and honey.
Pour the lime juice and honey mixture into the watermelon and cucumber juice, along with vodka. Adjust sweetness with more honey if desired.
To serve, fill two glasses with ice and top each with cocktail. Garnish with cucumber and lime slices.
Serves two. www.cookieandkate.com