· 3 cups cherries (weighing 1lb)
· 1 large green apple (weighing 6oz)
· 1 lime (weighing 3 1/2oz)
· 1 cup whiskey
· ½ cup of sweet and sour mix (homemade recipe follows)
1. Pit cherries; set aside. Peel away apple and lime skin and cut fruit into quarters.
2. Place all ingredients in a food processor or blender and process until mixture is pureed. Mixture will be thick.
3. Pour mixture into popsicle forms and freeze for about 2 hours or until mixture starts to solidify enough to hold a popsicle stick upright. Insert popsicle sticks and finish freezing popsicles overnight. To release popsicles run hot water on the outside of popsicle molds for a 2-3 seconds.
Sweet and Sour Mix
· 1/2 cup water
· 1/2 cup sugar
· 1 cup lemon juice
1. Place sugar and water in a sauce pan and heat until sugar dissolves. Add lemon juice and stir to combine. Set aside to cool before using.
GREY GOOSE Cherry Noir — 1 ½ Parts
BÉNÉDICTINE® Liqueur — ¾ Part
Lemon — 1 ½ Parts
Simple Syrup — ¾ Part
Bitters — 1 Dash
– Mix all ingredients into a cocktail shaker filled with ice and shake vigorously.
– Strain into a martini cocktail glass and garnish with cherries on a cocktail pick.
The minimal effort it takes to use fresh-squeezed lemon juice is worth it, especially in this cocktail. The fresh acidity and light flavor are essential to maintaining the delicate balance of flavors.
2.5 cups watermelon, seeds removed, cut into chunks
1/2 large English cucumber, peeled and cut into chunks
2 limes, juiced
1 tablespoon honey
3 ounces vodka
cucumber, lime and/or sliced watermelon, for garnish
Place a fine mesh sieve over a large bowl or pitcher.
In a blender, puree the watermelon and cucumber chunks.
Pour mixture through the sieve into the bowl. Use the back of a big spoon or rubber spatula to squeeze all the juice into the bowl.
In a small bowl, stir together lime juice and honey.
Pour the lime juice and honey mixture into the watermelon and cucumber juice, along with vodka. Adjust sweetness with more honey if desired.
To serve, fill two glasses with ice and top each with cocktail. Garnish with cucumber and lime slices.
Serves two. www.cookieandkate.com
2 tablespoons lemon juice (4 strips of zest removed with a sharp vegetable peeler before juicing and reserved for garnish)
2 teaspoon grenadine
1 (750 ml) bottle well-chilled Cava or Prosecco
Combine ginger with sugar and water in a small heavy saucepan and cook over medium-low heat until sugar is dissolved. Simmer, covered, 30 minutes then strain through a fine-mesh sieve into a measuring cup and cool (discard ginger).
Stir together 1/4 cup of the ginger syrup with passion fruit and lemon juices and grenadine. Divide between 2 champagne flutes and slowly top with sparkling wine. Drop a twist of lemon zest into each glass.
*For a nonalcoholic version, substitute sparkling lemonade for the sparkling wine.
Make ahead: Ginger syrup can be made up to 1 week ahead and kept covered and chilled.